Saturday, July 7, 2007

Allow Me to Introduce Myself!

My name is Natasha: at least, that's what the humans call me. Before I came to live with Erin, my name was Bambi, but Erin said that there was NO WAY that she could call a Weimaraner "Bambi," so I had to get used to a new name.

I was born in December of 2006 and spent most of my early life in a yard by myself. I was bored and got into trouble, so I went to live at Weimaraner Rescue for awhile. It was very noisy, but I made lots of friends there. Diane Monahan at Friends for Pets cares for 75 dogs, mostly weims and dals. Then Erin adopted me because Ajax died and Jaeger was sad all by himself.

My home is in the country, surrounded by macadamia nut groves and avocado orchards. I run and hunt and play until I am so tired that I just collapse. Erin takes me on a long walk in the morning and a short walk in the evening, except when she has to travel. Then Grandma Martha takes over, but she doesn't walk as far.

My best friend and big brother is Jaeger, who just turned 12. He loves to walk almost as much as he loves to eat, and we like to explore gopher holes together. He can't really keep up with me, but he does keep an eye on me and scolds me quite often. He growls like a Wookie!

I've had some basic obedience training and was a good student, but I'm not ready for prime time yet.

No comments: